Do you want to sell your property and are looking for the best way to do it? If yes, you have come to the right place! This article talks about what it takes to sell your property, what qualifications and/or licenses you need, and what’s the best way to do it.
Qualifications You Need to Become a Real Estate Agent?
If you have an interest in the real estate industry and want to become a professional agent, you cannot become one overnight. The real estate industry is a complex one, requiring you to have the relevant qualification and a real estate license to be a part of it in Australia as working without a license is illegal in the country.
According to regulation 42 of the Property Agents and Land Transaction Act of 2005, one needs to clear the Property Agents Board’s examination in order to become an Assistant Property Manager and a Property Consultant in Australia. This is mandatory in case you want to run your own business or are looking forward to get employed in an already established company.
Division 2 of Sections 64 to 66 of the act outlines the following qualifications to work professionally in Australia’s real estate market:
- For individual real estate agents: A Diploma in Property from a registered training organization and a 2 years full time experience in the past 5 years is required to work as a real estate agent.
- For an individual property manager: Diploma in Property and passing the exam and/or interview by the board is required to impart your knowledge and experience.
- For an individual general auctioneer: A clearance from the Property Agents Board.
- For all companies: All real estate, property management, and general auctioneer companies should have at least 1 director who is a qualified real estate agent, property manager, or a general auctioneer.
Selling Your Own Property
While most of the people choose to sell their properties through professional estate agents or representatives, some prefer to do it on their own and without any assistance. If you are one of those people who want to sell their properties on their own, take a look at the following capabilities that you need to have:
- You need to be qualified to assess the property in order to set up the sale price.
- You should know about the right way of advertising your property to attract more customers.
- One needs to have excellent negotiation skills to put up the best deal.
- You should be aware of the legalities and should have the skills to fulfill all the legal formalities in the right way. These include preparing a sales contract, getting it signed, and getting the deposit.
- One should know how to go about the settlement of payment methods and handling.
Selling Properties Online
Some people assist sellers in getting the best deal for their properties through websites in exchange of a nominal fee. They advertise properties on their website and direct the potential buyers to the sellers. In simple words, they act as a mediator between sellers and buyers. Under the Property, Stock and Business Agents Act of 2002, a license is required by the website owner to do this work.