Modern shag haircuts add a stylish and edgy twist and moves haircuts to the next level. Shags are fine in any length are a great choice for thin hair and are famous for their over-layers. These are not only endorsed by celebrities and whites nowadays; the trend has also been picked up by the African American community.
How to layer your hair to get that Shaggy look?
- Plan thoroughly: Since you are cutting the hair at home and not seeking professional help, examine yourself thoroughly in the mirror. See to the places where you want exactly want the strands to be.
- Some like long natural looking hair, with shags off more or less equivalent lengths while some like to experiment further with much more varying lengths. Long hair length looks good on people with round or square cut faces while shorter length suites the round or oval shaped ones. Check out trendy haircuts for men & women in Hairstyle Camp.
- Invest in a good pair of scissors as they aid in cutting the finer layers. Do opt for a professional scissor if possible.
- Have a good setup: Ensure that you have a mirror at the back to check on your cutting and styling them. Also make sure that you use a wide-toothed comb to comb out the tangles.
- Dividing the hair into sections: Separating the hair into a top box section, left and right section and a back section will help you into planning for them separately and have lesser things to worry about at a particular moment.
- Trim the sections- the front box should be trimmed by holding your hair at a ninety-degree angle between forefinger and middle finger and then trim. Repeat the same for the right and left sections. For the back section, lift small sections of your hair and them trim them. Keep in mind that the hair strands are the longest here so regularly check strand length with a back mirror to see if they are of desirable length.
Here are some if the latest shag haircuts for African American women:
Try this dual textured haircut for a fun night out and lay new ground rules. Lightly curl the hair ends to make a contrasting texture. The look is suitable on most faces and works best with medium and thick hair.
Fiery Red shags
This edgy shag cut with layers creates lightness throughout the style which is a must for natural hair. A pop of red color adds to the enticing look which will turn heads.
Blonde and brown Shag cut
This sultry hairstyle combines shorter and longer shags for a chic everyday look. Blonde shags go chin length are ideal with matching eye shadows to spice it up.
Shags with bangs!
A modern take on the basin cut bob look, the shags define and embrace her cheeks and the uneven fringe makes her eyes more prominent. Simply towel dry hair and style it with a soft paddle brush and gently blow dry at the end to get this look.
A way of presenting short, classy hairstyle with the effect of being caught in the rain. The vertical tresses work a charm for those having thin hair- do remember to moisturize your hair properly and jazz it up with a touch of bright lip gloss.