When you decide that you will invest in air conditioning for your home or office the next step is to find a reputable air conditioner installer – after all, you want it done once and you want it done right so you don’t have ongoing issues.
Here are the most important things that you need to look for:
- Licensed – They need to be licensed with the proper governing body for the area where the work will be performed. This ensures that they have the qualifications needed to install your system correctly and will comply with the local
- Business listing – Do they have a proper business listing with an address? Visit and check their business address out to make sure that they are a legitimate provider.
- Ask for references – if they cannot give you checkable references don’t employ them to install your air conditioning. Every reputable business should be able to give you references to back up their quality guarantees.
- Peer recommendations – One of the best ways to find a great air conditioning installer is to ask around your network of colleagues, friends and family. Find out about who gave great service and those to avoid.
- Research online – The Internet provides a wealth of information on all sorts of topics. Use it to research installers that you are thinking of using. Find good and bad feedback in online forums before you make a commitment.
- Get everything in writing – Make sure that you get a written record of all of the conversations you have, quotes provided and a signed contract if you decide to go ahead. In the heat of trying to get a sale sometimes promises are made that don’t transpire once the work has been completed. If it’s not documented you have very little chance of making a claim afterwards.
- Insurance – Any trades-person that you have working at your house must be insured both for damage to your property and injury to themselves or one of your household as a result of their work. Get them to show you proof.
When you are looking for a reputable air conditioning installer don’t be afraid to ask questions. Make sure that you feel comfortable with them and what they are providing before you make a commitment or any type of payment.